Understand your first steps
The law related to Wills and Trusts can be hard to navigate.
Clinic consultations will help you identify key issues and determine the best way to resolve your family member's estate.
First Wednesday of the Month
- Probate Clinic is held the first Wednesday of each month
- Meet with an attorney in person, for 30 minutes
- Select your appointment between 4:00pm-6:30pm
- Location: Elemental Cremation and Burial 1100 Dexter Ave N, Ste. 100, Seattle, WA 98109
- What is Probate? Probate is the process of resolving a person’s legal affairs after death. For example: distributing inheritance, settling debts, passing property title to heirs; distributing investment accounts, paying taxes, or assigning a guardian to care for minor children.
- What happens during my appointment? After the death of a family member, we help you figure out where to start in resolving the family member's estate. The consultation will orient you to the process that lies ahead and help you figure out what parts of the process you can take on yourself. Representation is limited to the 30-minute session unless you and the attorney mutually agree to extend scope of work.
- Can I use the Small Estate Affidavit? Consultations at the clinic help you determine whether you can make use of the Small Estate Affidavit.
- Is there a fee? Yes, the fee for this consultation is $35 please bring cash or check.
- What should I bring? Bring a copy of the Will if there is one. Bring Trust documents if there are any to be found. Bring an accounting of debts and assets if you are able determine the debts, account balances and/or value of property owned by the person who has died.
Probate Clinic is led by NW Strategy and Planning, PLLC founding attorney, Michael Geoghegan. Volunteer attorneys may be present to work with you depending on the number of people who sign up to attend.
Reserve your spot
You must click the yellow button above (reading "Book Your Probate Clinic Appointment") and select the 30 min consultation to participate, the clinic is not drop-in. You will receive a confirmation email and reminder. Any questions can be directed to: email@example.com